Tuesday, April 15, 2008

The flies are going to kill me!!

I finally got to work Blue today, she had three days off due to weather and work. The more fitter she gets the more sparkier she gets as well. This was the case today! Now that the weather is turning to custard, the sand flies are about. And there's not one thing Blue hates more than things flying around her head.

A few broken lead ropes later, I managed to get her saddled up and jumped on. I had a lesson with Andrea Raves last week, and she picked up on Blue's head swinging. So today I was working on keeping my outside rein stronger and steadier by holding a strap on my saddle blanket. As usual, Blue fought for about 20 minutes and wouldn't bend to the inside without softening her neck, but I just kept my inside rein open, outside rein steady and used my inside leg to ask for the bend. She eventually got it. I got some quite nice canter work out of her, she's starting to bend more on the right rein and really use her back, and the trot was starting to look quite good towards the end once she had loosened up.

Hopefully we'll be ready for Tielcey Park which is in 2 weeks! I think we did well to get up to Elementry in a month and a bit though.

0 comments: