Tuesday, April 15, 2008

First Love, First Blog

Well I guess you can't start up a blog without a introduction! SOOO here it is...

Well my name is Yvette, I work part time at JK Kids Gear and I'm 19. But enough about me, it's time to meet the gang!


This is Stylee. He started his career as a racehorse (a bad one) and then was snapped up by a leading eventing/dressage rider. She took him through to Level 4, which he was consistantly winning/placing. He has an amazing medium trot (constantly getting 8's) and is a real smarty bum. Unfortunatly after owning him for only 2 months, he suffered a tragic accident. I was lunging him, and he decided it would be fun to rear. Except he went a little too high, and flipped over backwards, landing on his head leaving him with severe brain trauma. He landed so hard on his head, he went blind for a few days, and couldn't walk (let alone stand up). The vet gave him a 30% chance of full recovery (and said he would probably never compete again). Luckily, my boy is a fighter, and he can now walk, trot and canter steadily on the lunge. Also he cut his right eye quite badly when he fell, and he has about 50% vision in his right eye (which is still healing). I plan to ride him again sometime next week, fingers crossed things go well.


This is Blue. She used to be dapple grey (she still has a slight dappling on the bum to prove it) but decided to change to flea bitten. She started her life living on the hills and was discovered one day by a dressage rider, who took her through the levels to Level 4. She was then sold to another girl who took her to NZPCA Dressage Champs, where her team placed 2nd. Then, I was lucky enough to stumble across her in the Hawkes Bay. She taught me everything about dressage, and took me to competing at Level 3. She's also a successful show horse. We're currently preparing for the Tielcey Park Winter Dressage Series, and aim to get in the NZPCA Dressage Champs team for 2009.
I also have a broodmare (Jaguar/Wharf's Son), and a miniature pony (she's one of those tiny show minis). So that is a basic sum up of me and my horses. Make sure you come back :)





0 comments: