Thursday, May 1, 2008

Getting better

Well I havn't blogged in a few days, I have a very busy life you see (especiqally when you work weekends!). Last week I was lucky enough to have some lessons with Vanessa Way, which were fantastic. Blue is going better than ever, we worked on getting her more round and active, and we worked on her shoulder-in, traver and.......half pass!! Yes that's right grandma Blue can half pass!!!

I was super excited, she did them quite well too, maybe she will take me to Medium. I also discovered that Blue will shoulder-in great on the right rein, and does traver great on the left rein, and find's it hard to shoulder-in on the left rein and traver on the right rein! The natural crookedness of the horse. So we've been warming up in walk, doing shoulder-in's on the left and traver on the right rein.

I love that horse more than anything.

Well today the weather is CRAP. I can't hear the T.V over the rain...ugh :( I have a competition in 2 days and I've only been able to ride once this week. But I'm sure if I practice 'in my head' we'll be ok. Apparently, if you practice via imagination, it will improve your performance than physically practicing. So I've been saying 'Isabel Werth' over and over when I ride, and it seems to work!!

0 comments: